I bought the DC-59 in August 2014.It worked beautifully for about a month and then had one problem after another which resulted in me sending the vacuum back for repairs more than once in the next couple of months.

After I got it back the last time with a different problem than what I had sent it in for I had enough. I contacted Dyson customer service and was told I could have a full refund. That was December 23rd. I just received the refund check today, March 26th.

It took hours of effort on my part. I talked to dozens of reps, managers, and even their customer liaison. I was constantly lied to, misled, and in general was the recipient of total apathy for resolving the issue of why my refund had not been processed. It took a call from the Dallas Morning News Watchdog columnist and my threat to take this matter to small claims court before I finally received the refund.

What made this even more of a nightmare is that this vacuum was a gift from my husband who is a Stage 4 terminal cancer patient. I resent the time and effort I was forced to spend in getting my money back. This is time I would have much rather spent with my husband, but I couldn't give up until I resolved this situation.

I was raised to believe that you do the right thing even if it isn't easy and I just couldn't let Dyson get by with their atrocious customer service.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of cordless vacuum dc-59 from Dyson. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $590 and wants Dyson to "letter of apology".

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, product and product quality. Author liked the most outrageous. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dyson for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Dyson?

Comments